EOS be.h : 10 PhD positions
Announced: 15th January 2018
Open until filled.
EOS beh.h - 10 PhDs openings in High Energy Physics, theory and experiment.
In the context of the new EOS (Excellence of Science) programme in Belgium, the project
has started the 1st of Jan 2018, as a consortium among the HEP groups in five Universities in Belgium --
Universiteit Antwerpen (UA),
Université catholique de Louvain (UCL),
Universiteit Ghent (UG),
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), and the
Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB).
The be.h consortium offers 10 PhD positions as follows:
|1||Theory vs. experiment on the Higgs boson potential||TH||Fabio Maltoni (UCL) and Alberto Mariotti (VUB)||OPEN|
|2||Study of the HVV off-shell processes||EXP||Pascal Vanlaer (ULB) and Nick Van Remortel (UA)||OPEN|
|3||Higgs boson production in the VBF mechanism||EXP||Pierre Van Mechelen (UA) and Laurent Favart (ULB)||OPEN|
|4||The top-Higgs connection in the SMEFT||EXP||Andrea Giammanco (UCL) and Jorgen d'Hondt (VUB)||OPEN|
|5||Electroweak couplings of the top quark in ttV||EXP||Didar Dobur (UG) and Andrea Giammanco (UCL)||OPEN|
|6||Search for a heavy resonance decaying into Z+A/H||EXP||Christophe Delaere (UCL)||OPEN|
|7||Search for dark Z bosons with lepton pairs||EXP||Steven Lowette (VUB) and Barbara Clerbaux (ULB)||OPEN|
|8||Displaced heavy flavour identification||EXP||Freya Blekman (VUB)||OPEN|
|9||Search for sterile neutrinos at CMS||EXP||Barbara Clerbaux (ULB) and Didar Dobur (UG)||OPEN|
|10||Search for long-lived particles through displaced tau and hadronic signatures in CMS||EXP||Giacomo Bruno (UCL)||OPEN|
- Positions are for four years and will normally start in fall 2018 (earlier starts can be considered).
- 7 out 10 positions are joint between two institutions/advisors. Candidates will spend two years in the first University and two years in the second one, and will obtain a double PhD degree.
- The be.h consortium foresees a rich training program including the participation to several international doctoral schools, workshops, and conferences, as well as visiting periods to CERN and to other international institutions.
- The positions are open to candidates of any nationality. The EOS consortium welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
- The positions will remain open until suitable candidates are found. Interested persons are encouraged to apply before 1st of February 2018, when the first review of the applications will take place. After that, reviews will take place every 1st day of the following months. Status of the position (OPEN or FILLED) will be updated regularly in this web page.
- Candidates should express preferences (ordered list) on the positions that they would like to apply to in the cover letter of the application.
- Candidates will have to hold a Master diploma, or equivalent, by the appointment starting time, which is subject to mutual agreement but cannot be later than 31/12/2018.
- Applications can be submitted by clicking on the "Apply for this job" button. In the form, contact information, CV, personal interests and names and e-mails of reference persons (min=1,max=3), should be provided.(Application material and the recommendation letters from senior scientists should be submitted ONLY using the online form).
Consortium Coordinator: Fabio Maltoni (UCL)
Hiring and Equal opportunity officers: Barbara Clerbaux (ULB) and Nick Van Remortel (UA).
Detailed information on the research topic of a given opening can be obtained by directly contacting the corresponding advisors via e-mail.